Camping is a great way to spend time with family, experience nature and make new friends! Check out the top 36 places to camp across America according to Greatist.com.
Northeast United States
If the Northeast is your calling and you enjoy the fast-paced and good-natured mentality with the best seafood in the country then these are the top places for you!
- Acadia National Park : Maine
- White Mountain National Forest : New Hampshire
- Green Mountain National Forest : Vermont
- Shenandoah National Park : Virginia
- Minnewaska State Park Reserve : New York
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park : Pennsylvania
- Assateague Island National Seashore : Maryland
Mid-West United States
If you love the heart of the US, the people, the food and the amazing lakes and hills then these are the best spots for you!
- Badlands National Park : South Dakota
- Glacier National Park : Montana
- Grand Teton National Park : Wyoming
- Peninsula State Park : Wisconsin
- Ludington State Park : Michigan
- Voyageurs National Park : Minnesota
Southeast United States
If you love the rich history and culture that the Southeast has to offer, then these top spots throughout Florida, South Carolina and more might be the perfect camping spot for you!
- Congaree National Park : South Carolina
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park : Tennessee
- Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina
- Ozark National Forest : Arkansas
- Everglades National Park : Florida
Western United States
If camping by the ocean is more your style and you want to take in the beautiful sites of the great Northwest and West coast region of the US, then these amazing spots throughout California, Hawaii and more are for you!
- Denali National Park : Alaska
- Glacier Bay National Park : Alaska
- Yosemite National Park : California
- Joshua Tree National Park : California
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks : California
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park : California
- Olympic National Park : Washington
- Crater Lake National Park : Oregon
- Halekala National Park : Hawaii
Mountain Region & Southwest United States
If you’re looking for breathtaking mountain views and native american landscapes then the Southwest and mountainous regions of the US are the place for you!
- Gunnison National Forest: Colorado
- Zion National Park : Utah
- Arches National Park : Utah
- Capitol Reef National Park : Utah
- Sawtooth National Forest : Idaho
- Grand Canyon National Park : Arizona
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park : New Mexico
- Carson National Forest : New Mexico
- Big Bend National Park : Texas
Read more about each of these awesome spots and what makes them unique by visiting www.greatist.com!